Grand Rapids Christian Schools offer many students the convenience of bus transportation to each of our school locations. Our drivers safely transport over 500 students to and from school each day and provide transportation to field trips, athletic events, camps and more. Our fleet of 15 buses is maintained in top condition and continually receives highest ratings from state inspectors.
- Transportation Routes & Guidelines
- Transportation Fee
- Eagle Shuttle
- Arranging Transportation
- Bus Rules
Bus transportation is generally available to students who live more than one mile from their school. Routes are determined by the number and location of students requiring busing each year. To maximize efficiency and minimize the amount of time students must spend on the bus, families are divided into regions and pick-ups are scheduled accordingly.
Approximate boundaries for each region are as follows (see map below):
- West Region: 3 Mile (N) and O’Brien (S) / Wilson (W) and US 131(E)
- North Region: Belding (N) and Fulton (S) / Monroe Ave. (W) and Pettis (E)
- East Central Region: Fulton (N) and 28th (S) / Division (W) and Buttrick (E)
- South Region: 28th (N) and 68th (S) / Division (W) and East Paris (E)
- Rockford Christian: 14 Mile (N) and Belding (S) / Pine Island (W) and Lincoln Lake (E)
The Eagle Shuttle Pass is a pay-per-ride bus card option for students who attend Grand Rapids Christian Middle, Grand Rapids Christian High and Rockford Christian Middle School. Eagle Shuttle Pass is intended for students who do not need daily transportation throughout the school year but who do need to ride the bus on a limited basis.
$50 buys you 10 one-way rides!
*Passes are available through the GRCHS, GRCMS, and RCS offices.
Eagle Shuttle Policies:
- Eagle Shuttle passes may be shared by family members, each ride will equal one punch.
- Eagle Shuttle passes must be presented to the bus driver when boarding the school bus.
- The Eagle Shuttle will only stop at an existing stop; no new stops will be added. To receive a copy of current bus routes please contact June DeGraaf.
- Lost Eagle Shuttle passes may be replaced for a $5.00 fee.
The Transportation Department provides a list of bus rules to families upon sign up. For the safety of all riders, bus rules are strictly enforced.
- Be ready at the stop five minutes before the scheduled pick-up time.
- Show respect for citizens and private property at bus stops.
- Respect the authority of the bus driver.
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before attempting to enter or exit.
- Remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Abstain from throwing objects on or out of the bus.
- Keep themselves and their property completely inside the bus.
- Use emergency doors for emergencies only.
- Abstain from shouting, screaming, smoking, running, fighting, pushing and using profane or vulgar language.
The driver may make rules regarding eating and drinking on the school bus. The driver is responsible for maintaining a clean bus. However, if the driver judges the students responsible enough to keep the bus clean, students may eat or drink. This privilege may be revoked by the bus driver at any time. The driver may assign riders to specific seats any time the driver deems it a useful tool in managing passenger behavior